Prior to next week’s earnings report, Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock has extended current years’ longest gaining streak as it climbed as high as $196 on Monday. Today Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) shares went up 5.94% to $197.59; it seems that again stock is grabbing the wave of popular enthusiasm, as its share price to quadruple in 2013. The electric car maker company once again is being viewed in a positive spotlight despite the looming worries about the Model S’s batteries that were being prone to catching fire and last month’s recall of charging equipment have evaded.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) has officially launched sales in China and now sold cars in all 50 U.S. states. Electric company, in the last three months of 2013, also delivered 6,900 Model S electric sedans, that was 20 percent higher than the estimates it gave, when it reported third-quarter earnings in November.
It seems like a good wave of gains, into a 30% year-to-date rally f in TSLA shares, ahead of its quarterly results, that is scheduled to release on February 19. According to analysts polled by Thomson Reuters project estimate, company will report fourth-quarter profit of 19 cents a share, on the anticipated revenue of $663 million.
The gaining momentum of TSLA shares was stagnant initially in last of May after the company posted its first-ever quarterly profit. TSLA stock peaked in late September at $194.50, at that point up 474 percent on a year-to-date basis. After three incidents of Tesla’s battery-powered vehicles caught fire shares trimmed for the next two months. The stock traded below $120 by late November.
More From Eric Ransom
- Hot Stocks: AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), Telefonica (NYSE:TEF), Telecom Argentina (NYSE:TEO), Telefonica Brasil (NYSE:VIV)
- Market Movers: Facebook Inc. (FB), Demand Media Inc. (DMD), Google Inc. (GOOG), Glu Mobile (GLUU)
- Hot Stocks: NetEase (NTES), Changyou.Com (CYOU), Sohu.com (SOHU), Taomee Holdings (TAOM)
- Investor’s Watch List: Alcatel Lucent (NYSE:ALU), Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI), TE Connectivity Ltd (NYSE:TEL)
- Trending Stocks: Spansion (NYSE:CODE), Brady Corp (NYSE:BRC), Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Foster Wheeler (NASDAQ:FWLT)